Complete FREE TAX RETURN FILING & Tax Preparation Services
- H&R Block - Your Free Tax Filing Solution
- FREE Tax Prep, Print & E-file Service
- Free Federal E-file
- Accurate Calculations Guarantee
- Supports most tax forms
Tax Refund is an amount, US taxpayers will get as a refund on their income tax, if the tax they owe is less than the sum:
- The total amount of refundable tax credits that they claim.
- The total amount of withholding that they paid.
Tax Refund is an amount that a government gives back to a taxpayer who has paid more taxes than were due.
Every year, a number of U.S. taxpayers around the country get tax refunds even if they owe zero income tax. Statistics of Internal Revenue Services shows that 77% of tax returns recieved a refund check in the year 2004, with the average amount of refund check being $ 2,100.
By Efiling your federal and state income tax return online with free IRS efile, you will receive your IRS tax refund faster in just 2 to 3 weeks, almost half of the time it would take when you file a paper tax return. Refund anticipation loans are a common means to receive a tax refund early, but for that you need to pay a little amount of interest. In the 1990's, refunds could take as long as twelve weeks to come back to the taxpayer; however, the average time for a refund is now six weeks.
Deduct tax preparation fees directory from your tax refund :
- No Credit Card or Bank Account Required :- When you're expecting a tax refund you don't have to use your credit card or pay anything out of pocket!
- Direct Deposit or Paper Check :- Request a paper check or direct deposit income tax refundfunds into your bank account. The choice is yours.
How fast you get your tax refund it depends on which option you selected to file your taxes, and how you choose to receive your refund. Here is the different wasy of tax filing online along with the amount of time one can expect to recieve a refund back from IRS:
- Paper Filing, Paper Refund: 4 to 6 weeks
Mailing in your tax return and receiving a check in the mail is the traditional method of filing. Martin says those who file now instead of joining the mad rush of April filers will have a better chance of receiving a check in four weeks instead of six or more.
- Paper Filing, Direct Deposit: 3 to 4 weeks
Martin says mailing in a paper return and opting to have the government automatically deposit a refund into a bank account will potentially cut your waiting time in half.
- e-file, Paper Refund: 3 weeks
If you don't like the idea of direct deposit, you can file your taxes online and receive a check in the mail in about the same amount of time.
- e-file, Direct Deposit: 10 to 14 days
Martin says the fastest choice is to file online and have the refund directly deposited into an account.
Where's My Refund?
If you have filed your tax return electronically and you are expecting a refund. You have just one questionand you want to answer now - i.e. Where Is My Refund ?
Whether you split your refund among several accounts, opted for direct deposit to one account or asked IRS to mail you a check, you can track your refund through this secure Web site. You can get refund information even if you filed just to request the telephone excise tax refund.
To get to your personal refund information, be ready to enter your:
- Social Security Number (or IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Filing status (Single, Married Filing Joint Return, Married Filing Separate Return, Head of Household, or Qualifying Widow(er))
- Exact refund amount shown on your return
If you don't receive your refund within 28 days from the original IRS mailing date shown on Where's My Refund?, you can start a refund trace online.
If Where's My Refund? shows that IRS was unable to deliver your refund, you can change your address online.
Where's My Refund? will prompt you when these features are available for your situation.
Okay Now Where's My Refund?